BUILDING A COZY HOME LIFE ONE JADEITE TEACUP AT A TIME SINCE 2009...


February 24, 2012

Inspired! Edible Retro Embroidery

I recently saw these "cross-stitch vintage cat and dogs wafer papers" on one of my favorite baking retail sites, Fancy Flours and was totally enchanted by the idea of edible retro embroidery!
 Look at THESE! Homemade glazed doughnuts, with sprinkles as stitches, LOVE!
 I can't get a close enough look at this cake to tell what was used for the stitching (or even if it's real?!). I am guessing this is either a printed edible wafer, or glaze with very small icing "stitches."

 And this fantastic cake (can you imagine how long this took?) made by a blogger at Clockwork Lemon, she includes a step-by-step on her blog, here.

I'm thinking of trying it out using cupcakes, and liquid fondant as glaze -- what do you think, would it work?

4 comments:

  1. I love to embroider...what a fun idea for a party or tea. Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help me Rhonda! You have killed me! I am in love with those cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not want to cut such a beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... I'm so in love with those cookies!! They put my sad little stitchy cookies to shame...
    http://www.littleneststudio.blogspot.com/2012/02/cookie-factory.html

    Hugs,
    Jill

    PS: Thanks so much for the links! I ordered the cookie wafer papers~ so fun!

    ReplyDelete